This is your one-stop-shop for IT articles, eBooks, Guides and Videos
What is Microsoft 365 Business Premium?
The easiest way to understand Microsoft 365 Business Premium, is to split it into 3 sections. It consists of:
– Windows 10 Professional
– Office 365 (as we used to know it)
– Enterprise Mobility & Security
By now we will all know what Windows 10 is and the features it offers. What you might not know is it’s the safest and most secure Windows ever, coming bundled with BitLocker and Windows Defender.
You’ll also have heard of Office 365 before, which now no longer exists (as far as the name goes) but is just bundled in as an all in one package and is exactly the same, but comes with a Business Premium License (there is also an Enterprise version, but we’ll just focus on the SME market for this example).
Enterprise Mobility & Security is a suite of tools that provide added layers of protection for your data. You get benefits like identity management and mobile device management. It’s also far easier to manage both personal and work devices, to ensure that sensitive data is protected whilst away from the office. You can also add things such as multi-factor authentication and rights management to login to your Office 365 account and ensure the correct people are accessing documents when they’re being shared.
– Microsoft 365 comes ready packaged with Advanced Threat Protection, safe attachment and safe links protection.
– You can protect your work files on devices by restricting mobile access or functions such as copy and paste or downloading attachments on non- company devices. You can also selectively wipe business data from mobile devices if they are lost or stolen, brilliant if you use employees’ personal devices and need to be able to just wipe company data.
– Advanced features in Microsoft 365 Business are available to help you protect your business against cyber-threats and safeguard sensitive information.
Hopefully this has cleared up any questions surrounding it and possibly answered why you don't see 'Office 365' floating around anymore!